Throughout the year RSPCA is involved with a number of community events, including school activities, fun days and our annual Million Paws Walk in May, where you can take your pet along and join in the fun. Keep an eye on our website for upcoming events!
Fundraising and collecting donations are such an important part of the support that RSPCA receives from the community each year, we couldn't do it without you!
Click below for more details on how you can help;
We love how kids around Australia love animals!
RSPCA shelters nationally cared for nearly 95,000 animals in 2022 and each one of these required housing, food, vet care, love and time.
If your school, sporting club or community group would like to support RSPCA to care for animals, there are lots of ways you can do that.
- You could hold a community market or bake sale
- Gold coin donations for casual days, themed days like crazy socks, school disco
- A stall where students can sell craft items (key rings, bookmarks, picture frames etc) they have made
- An art show where members of your community can purchase student artwork
(please contact your state or territory's RSPCA office to donate your funds)
Or if you would prefer to collect donations and take them to one of our shelters, the following donated goods will be gratefully accepted;
- Clean blankets, towels and sheets (no quilts or pillows)
- Hardy dog toys
- Cat toys especially scratching posts and cardboard scratchers
- Dog and cat collars and leads
- Metal food bowls
- Plastic cat food bowls
- Egg cartons, muffin tins, toilets rolls and small cardboard boxes (these are used for enrichment activities for the animals)
- Unopened bags/tins of dry or wet food for dogs, cats, other animals (we do not accept supermarket own brand food due to the quality but anything else is great)
- Litter trays
- Shredded paper
For assistance with your school or club fundraising you can email your state below;
Grab your apron, ask a grown up for help and preheat those ovens – Cupcake Day is coming up and can be any day that suits you in August.
Each year, more than 94,820 animals turn to the RSPCA looking for help. This year, you have the power to serve up kindness, care and the possibility of fur-ever homes for animals in need.
Whether you’re whipping up doughnuts, lamingtons, brownies or traditional cupcakes, the money you raise at your Cupcake Day event will help rescue, rehabilitate and rehome animals in need all over the country.
So grab your school friends, team mates, family or neighbours for a sweet-tastic gathering and together, we can bake real change.
For more information and to register please visit https://www.rspcacupcakeday.com.au/